Comment on page
For journalism nonprofits
INN provides resources for established and emerging leaders to be more effective, confident, and creative.
- how to start a nonprofit news organization from scratch,
- how to convert a for-profit news organization to a nonprofit,
- how to create and grow your organization's earned income operation.
The organisation is compiling a variety of funding initiatives aimed at sustaining critical public interest information needs and giving a list as more resources become available.
From person-to-person coaching and intensive hands-on seminars to interactive online courses and media reporting, Poynter helps journalists sharpen skills and elevate storytelling throughout their careers.
- Provide custom advice and training to professional newsrooms on stories and policies,
- Advance the ethical standards that guide professional news organizations
- Work with citizens and journalists to identify issues where journalism can better serve its audience.
- Host gatherings where journalists and experts can exchange ideas.
- Sponsor research into building trust in news and the democratic process.
Splice's Low-Res Splice's Low-Res celebrates Asia's media startups by supporting these bold, forward-thinking startups. In this perspective, they are reporting on these media startups as well as teaching, advising, transforming, and funding them.
- Transforming newsrooms;
- Building new media products;
- Growing audiences;
- Building communities;
- Streamlining workflows and operations;
- Mapping the media landscape;
- Training modern news teams.
UNESCO advances freedom of expression and the safety of journalists online and off-line, notably in the framework of United Nations Plan of Action on the Safety of Journalists. Moreover, the Sector combats :
- disinformation and misinformation,
- online hate speech