This MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) “La Philanthropie : Comprendre et Agir” (Philanthropy: Understand it and Act) is the first French-based course on philanthropy. This 4-weeks long training will provide you with basic knowledge of philanthropy in a French-speaking environment. This project is the result of a collaboration between Fondation de France and the Philosophic Chair of the ESSEC Business School. Whether you are simply curious about the subject, already a donor, involved in a philanthropic process, or a professional who accompanies or solicits philanthropists, this MOOC is for you!
Priorities related to media development and journalism: Candid has no particular priority related to journalism. Through research, collaboration, and training, it connects different nonprofits, foundations, and individuals to the resources they need to do good, building on 88 years of dedicated experience.
Geographical priorities: Candid support the millions of people across the world who depend on different programs and services to make the world a better place.
Type of funding: The organisation provides no funding, but provides a set of resources and database to help you gain the knowledge you need to win funding from funders throughout the world.
Funding opportunities: Through research, Candid provides nonprofit data and resources to donors and several organizations, including academia.
The Chronicle of Philanthropy propose insights and news to help to succeed in a rapidly changing world. The organisation provides nonprofit professionals, foundation executives, board members, and others with information and practical advice they need with :
M+R Consulting helps nonprofit organizations achieve their mission and goals by sharing best practices in both small and large nonprofit organizations in the health care and community service sectors.
- Fundraising campaigns
- Operations improvements & Strategy planning
- Board and leader development
- Feasibility studies & retreat planning
The organisation offers advice on various topics on its blog.
- The Nonprofit Alliance helps ensure that nonprofit organizations continue to have the resources and influence they need to thrive. The organization seeks to promote, protect and strengthen the philanthropic sector in the best interests of donors and beneficiaries.
- The NonProfit Quarterly uses a range of media channels to help advance critical conversations that can refine the policy and practice of nonprofits and social movements. In this work, it seeks to advance conversations in the sector, particularly, as is too often the case, when they are "stalled."
New York Council of Nonprofits helps New York's nonprofit organizations build their capacity for growth and community impact and also represents the nonprofit sector in policy and advocacy by providing tools and support services.
- legal services
- community assessments & planning
- financial management assistance
- fundraising support
- governance & board building
- HR & personnel
- insurances & employee benefits
- mergers & collaborations
- ORG development & strategic planning